Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Under Bridges

There's this song by Brave Saint Saturn called "Under Bridges." It's an amazing song that I recommend you check out. There's a line in it that says, "And all have hated...crucified and walked away...Savior of the prostitutes, drunkards, rapists, and the gays." Every time I listen to this song and hear this line I can't help but think of God's amazing love. Jesus didn't die just to save liars, gossipers, and thieves. His death on the cross doesn't just cover these "little" sins. His death covers all sins. While I know this, it's hard to live like I know this. It's easy to pick out certain sins or the people who struggle with a certain sin and say "they're too far gone." It's too easy for us to be the judge, when Christ calls us to love. Yes, some of the sins come with earthly consequences, but that does not mean we give up on someone. Christ died for all. Who are we to decide who deserves His love?

That song gets me thinking every time so I just thought I'd share a bit. Here's a video someone made for this song. Listen to it. It's good stuff. O, and the end is the best worship chorus ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment