Thursday, November 17, 2005

Underground Church

I just realized we haven't posted about this, and it's one of the most exciting things going on right now. We've been gearing up for a huge game of Underground Church with Sussex Wesleyan youth group. We went to Frenchies today and got the finishing touches for out KGB outfits. Matt and Ryan went to Maine to pick up the airsoft guns todays and, from what I hear, that made it across the border with them. I'll tell you more about everything on Saturday, after we play, but I will discuss the basic premis for the game. Pretty much, us leaders are the KGB and the student and a few other leaders represent the underground church. Our goal is to instill as much fear into them as possible (hence the black uniform, airsoft guns, etc) without actually harming them. As much fun as the game can be, it's just as much a ministry. It's just a small touch of what the persecuted church actually goes through. Hopefully, through this, students and leaders alike will gain a better understanding of what it's like to not be so comfortable in our faith. Like I said, I'll give you more detials and let you all know how everything turns out on Saturday morning or Friday night. And I'll hopefully get some pictures of it up soon after. Hope you all have a marvelous day. much love becky

No comments:

Post a Comment