Sunday, November 27, 2005

In With the New

I'm 19 so why is it I think I can't pick up new hobbies? Let me explain. There have been so many hobbies that have fascinated me since I was in Jr. High. I've always wanted to learn how to snowboard. Learning to play guitar would be sweet. And my most recent obsession...I would love to get into photography. For some odd reason I have it in my head that it is too late to learn these things. The worst part? I've had this crazy thought stuck in my head since I was in Jr. High. I don't really know why. It's never really been a conscious thought, but it's always kept me from pursuing new interests. Maybe it's because the one thing I was always good at and wanted to pursue (softball) was something I started at a very young age. Whatever the reason, I'm done thinking that way.

Not only have I thought like this about pursuing hobbies, but I've thought like this in evangelism. Once again, let me explain. I feel like people (friends, family, strangers) in there late teens and early twenties who have fallen away from Christ will not come back. It's like their too old or something. I know, this is a crazy thought. But my thoughts in this area are so much like the ones above. It's not a conscious thought, but it makes me lose hope in reaching these people. I think I think this way because I decided to become serious about Christ at a younger age. But this by no means is any reason why people can't at a later age. I have no idea if I am making any sense. It is difficult to explain a concept I do not fully comprehend. It's the way my brain has been wired, but, with the help of God, we are rewiring it.

Back to the former. As I mentioned, photography is something I have recently become very interested in. I'm starting to see everything in pictures. I use to take a lot of pictures of me and friends, but now I'm more interested in objects and nature. I downloaded some free editing software (photoplus 6) and have been messing around with it today. I'm still trying to figure everything out, but below are a few things I've done. I'm hoping to get a photo blog started, but I'm probably going to wait for a digital camera before I take on that task. Anywho, here they are.

Wedding

Waterfall

Beach Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment