Friday, December 30, 2005

Thank God For Blogs

I read a few blogs just now that were very encouraging to me. I just wanted to share with you my thoughts as they've been soaking in. The first one was Swarty's latest blog. Lately I've been having all these crazy doubts about becoming a youth pastor. Nothing serious, but just questioning whether or not I'm really up for the task. After reading Swarty's blog, I remember why the heck that's what I want to do. There's nothing like seeing teens on fire for God and doing His work. There's nothing more rewarding than being there for a teen going through rough times. Youth pastors (and their wives) have had a huge influence on my life. There's no doubt I wouldn't be where I'm at if it weren't for those faithful servants of God. God has set a passion in my heart to be that influence in other teens' lives. I'm stoked to go into full time ministry and I'm just as excited for the opportunities God is going to have for us working with teens while we're in college.

The second blog I read was Lynn Erskine's (go read his latest entry...there's a link on the side to his blog). This was really just what I've been needing. I've been trying to fight the battle, rather than surrendering. I've been trying to do it all on my own, and as I've tried, I've only been sinking further down and further away from Christ. Giving God control is key, and it's something I've been failing miserably at. I guess there's no better time to make new commitments and enjoy a refreshed spirit than the beginning of a new year. May God do a new work in your life as you enter into the new year. much love becky

No comments:

Post a Comment