Thursday, October 12, 2006

Awkward Fundy Analogy

Monday was a great day for a hike. We went to Fundy and hiked a trail we wanted to do last spring, but it was still closed then. It's a good thing it was closed becausee I can't imagine doing that hike in snow. Anywho, it was a 7.something kilometer hike (roughly 3.5 miles). The first 2k were down hill, followed by 2.5k of climbing over rocks and a path along the river, and finishing with 2.5k uphill. That was killer. Not to mention we were going at a fairly quick pace because we were afraid we were going to run out of daylight, and we almost did. We didn't get there until about 3:30 and the info sign said it was a 3-4.5 hour hike, so we booked it and got done in 2.5 hours. We had less than 30 min of daylight to spare. It was a beautiful day and we got some good pictures which will be posted on here sometime this weekend.

Now, for the funny story of the day. We were at the end of our hike and I was dragging. Jeff was leading the way and I was oblivious to all that was going on around me. All of a sudden he turned around and was like "Sh sh sh..turn around turn around." Of course, I could not just turn around without first looking at why I was turning around. There was a woman scampering into the brush, getting dressed and a man scurrying up the path, also getting dresses. They were having sex on the public trail! And we caught them! I don't know what this guy was thinking but he just kept going up the trail a few yards ahead of us like nothing happened, as he left the lady back in the woods. What a jerk. Luckily, I did not see anything, but Jeff did get a full moon from the lady. Lucky guy. Anywho, that's our funny story.

Of course, you can't spend a day enjoying God's creation without coming up with some sort of spiritual analogy. The trail we were hiking was anything but smooth. There were roots, rocks, boulders, streams, rivers, and puddles all to avoid. This made it difficult to check out all the scenery because we were having to watch our every step. We could only get glimpses of what was ahead. If we focused too much on what was way ahead of us, we were sure to trip and fall or at least stub our toe. Get where I'm going with this? It is not bad for us to look ahead in our lives to what the future will bring. But, it is important that we do not get so caught up in what is going to happen, that the problems of today trip us up. I've caught myself doing this lately. I am looking forward to being in ministry. God has given me this passion and I can't wait to do this with my life. I look forward to that so much that sometimes I forget what I can be doing now. God not only has great things for me when I'm out of school, but He has great things for me now. I need to be pursuing these moments just as passionately as I'm pursuing being in ministry full time.

And that was our Fundy experience. Have a great day everyone. much love becky

No comments:

Post a Comment