Monday, October 24, 2011

Experience

 Over the past few months I have sent out at least 20 resumes to various non-profits in the Twin Cities area.  I have read job descriptions for dozens and dozens....and dozens more.  What do they all have in common?  A requirement for the job is experience.  How is any recent college graduate supposed to get a job if you need a minimum of three, five, or more years experience?  Especially if you have a BA in religion with a major in youth ministry and a minor in global ministry?  The jobs I have applied for are ones which I think I would enjoy, would do well at, and believe I am qualified for.  And if I believe I am qualified for a job then that's saying something because I am not the most confident person when it comes to trying something new.  According to these job descriptions, with my education and experience I guess the only jobs I am qualified for are Sandwich Artist or Youth Pastor.  What a frustrating position to be in.  A call back from at least one of these places would be fantastic.  That's my rant for the day.  Hopefully my next post will be more constructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment