Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Your Kingdom Come

Most people who know the Bible at all, are probably familiar with the Lord's Prayer. I know I hear it or pray it myself at at least one service every week. It's something I've recited numerous times, memorized back when I was in AWANA, and studied/analyzed in Bible studies. Yet, it's taken on a whole new meaning for me lately. There's this little phrase in this prayer that says "Your Kingdom come. Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven." Jesus asks us to pray that His kingdom be made a reality on this earth. That's huge. I've been thinking a lot about what that verse means in my life, and how it relates to the lordship of Christ in my life. I'll expand later on what I've been learning. For now, I would be interested in knowing what this verse means in your life. Think about it. Have a great everyone. much love

"Your kingdom come. Run into my world. Crash into my dreams. Show me what it means not to chase these things. Or to place them before you. But to love and adore you." -Kingdom Come by Paul Wright

1 comment:

  1. How about His Kingdom becoming reality in our life? To borrow something from Beth Moore "Our promised land is found where our theology meets our reality." Oh, I how I pray for that to ring true in my life. Good word, made me think.

    ReplyDelete